Hey! What’s going on in your life? It’s been awhile since we’ve been in touch. I wanted to take a minute and let you know what’s going on in my head.
First off, thank you for all of the help with my recent book launch of Primed: The 4-Minute Start to Taking Over the World. Wow. I am humbled by the amount of support that I received from you. To those who were able to download the book, share on Facebook, and write reviews on Amazon, thank you. The launch was a great success. I’ll share the numbers with you if you like… In the first five days I offered a free promotion. It’s a great way for new authors to get it out there. I shared the link with you, my Facebook friends, and in a few online hustle groups that I am in. In the first few hours the downloads began to climb and I couldn’t believe my eyes! By the end of launch day, we had over 411 downloads. By the end of the free promo 5 days later, the downloads were well over 1000. Now, a few weeks later I am still promoting it quite a bit on Twitter and I’m selling a couple copies almost every day. The feedback has been great. It feels great to be apart of so many lives. I feel like I have really put myself out there and I’ve connected with many of you more deeply because of it.
- We Moved 2015 was a busy year for our family. After living near Atlanta for almost 12 months, my wife Pamela and I decided to move our gang back to Alabama near our folks. It was a great decision. We are spending loads of time with family, building up relationships and looking forward to the spring when we can do some camping in the Talladega National Forest. Pamela spent the last few months of 2015 writing her book Flying With Kids. This is what got me in gear to finally finish one of my own.
- Moving on Up Behind the scenes I am working on moving up in my career. I fly for a regional air carrier and need to move to a major airline like United, Delta, or American. This is the natural progression for commercial pilots and I am just now reaching the point where I should be eligible and competitive. Most major carriers have over 10,000 applicants on file so getting one of the few interview slots each month is taking some serious work, help from good friends, and a little magic. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
- Audiobooks for My Kids One project I’ve been working at is recording audiobooks for my son and daughter while on the road. I’m on Chapter 8 of Detectives in Togas by Henry Winterfeld right now. Each week I transfer the files to my wives computer and she plays the books for the kids when I’m away. It’s a way that I feel like I am lighting her load and spending time with my kids when work keeps me away. For the audio I’m using an ATR2100-USB. It’s small and easy to carry and the sound quality is amazing for the price. I do the recording inside Garageband on my Macbook Pro. Garageband took an hour or two to figure out but once I got it, it has been a piece of cake. I even record the intro and outro in a robot voice for my son which is a big hit.
- Slow Carb Diet For the last month I have been following the slow carb diet pretty fiercely. I found the concept in Tim Ferriss‘s book The 4 Hour Body a few years ago. Basically I just eat protein, beans, and veggies for 6 days a week. I do occasionally slip when I’m on the road but I’m making major progress. Why? 1) I like to know that I have the power to change my diet if I need or want to. I have a serious sweet tooth and I want to stay the same shape in the coming years. 2) Riding the sugar high up and down all day gets old. I wanted to see what it was like to eat well consistently. 3) And most importantly, it’s almost swim suit season. The meal I eat the most on the road is a can of Great Northern Beans and Crown Prince Boneless and Skinless Sardines with some hot sauce on the side. It’s costs $2.76 and is easy to travel with.
- Music I’m really digging right now. Renegades by X Ambassadors
- Kaizen The Japanese word for continuous improvement. Always getting better.
I hope things are going well in your world. Leave me a question about something I mentioned or let me know what’s interesting to you right now in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you. Also, look me up on Twitter!