Did you think about something today in your life that you want to be better? Your finances, your marriage, your weight, your career? How did you respond to the universe calling you out?
I’m sure you sat down and brainstormed a list of three things you could do to move in that direction and then took massive action the rest of the day to get started on your goal, right…?
If not, when exactly did you plan on making your move? This is not the prelude to something bigger. This is it. This is the story. Your story. You are the main character and your movie reel is rolling. Are you making something worth watching or are you just cursing through hoping life will somehow reward you for being mediocre. It won’t. If you want to be awesome. If you want to be noticed, you have to do something worth noticing. You have to be have more discipline, be braver, and stay longer.
If there’s something you want in life and you haven’t taken that first step to making it happen, good news- Today is your lucky day! You are in the right spot. Go right now and get out a pad of paper and a pencil. We are about to make some magic happen.
I’m serious about the paper and pencil.
At the top of the page I want you to write “My Own Thoughts.”
Think of the areas in your life that you want to focus on. Your career, a relationship, your finances, your weight or fitness.
Make a list of 10-20 statements that you want to define you as a person. I’ll go first and you get to it as soon as you see the idea here. Here’s an example of one of my lists.
- I wake up everyday and think of one thing I can do for my wife, my son, and my daughter.
- I look at life from their point of view.
- I am strong and getting stronger. I work out frequently.
- I finish what I started. I follow through. I get it done.
- I am a leader and always take care of my people.
- I am looking for ways to help others throughout my day.
- I am eating a slow carb diet whenever possible.
- I do not spend money outside of my family budget.
- I practice excellence in my craft. I study something new every workday.
- I don’t always eat brownies but when I do, I eat them like a boss with Oreos inside.
Hopefully this helps you get the idea of where we are going. I want you to define yourself. Who are you? Who do you want to be? What are the things in your life that you really want?
Once you have this list, I want you to lay this list of thoughts next to your bed and wake up tomorrow and read it first. It’s that simple. Make your thoughts the very first thing you see in the morning.
Align your mind with the goals you set yesterday. See the person you really want to be on paper and you will start taking the necessary steps to be about it.